UBB Store

[For Parts/Read description] Dell Ultrascan P780 CRT - Case missing/Service need
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
[For Parts/Read description] Dell Ultrascan P780 CRT - Case missing/Service need
Price: US $45.00
[For Parts, Read description] Dell Ultrascan P780 - Case missing/Service need
This is an Ultrascan P780 monitor from DELL, manufactured in 2000 and based on the SONY CPD-G200. It was a high-end model with FD TRINITRON that was suitable for photo editing / Computer CG, / Digital illustration, and reliable for business usage with solid durability. Monitor has been basicly tested and diagnosis. This monitor sell as For Parts due to function missing:
  • No image - may Flyback Failure
  • Cabinet missing - Need a new case
  • No Front Bezel - Sold out
What is happened with this machine?
I got this monitor in last summer break. It was able to turns up and working normal, but it damaged during the transport under Improper packaging - when it arrives to me the case was seriously damaged and unable to fix, also monitor unable to shows image.I removed the broken cabinet - It has been shattered and aged.The front bezel was pulled and sold.
What I have done with it?
I tested up the remain parts - Logic board seems working good, it respond to actions on the front panel(see video, I have same model working monitor that acts the same). When it powers on I hear buzz sound from the degaussing coil, I think it also working.
Also the tube neck area looks good and no cracks and oxidation, I think vacuum still maintains.
However I did not see the lights up in Filament area(at the end of tube), also when I discarge from the cap it did not hears discarge sound(cracking sound should appear, it usually sounds like using a lighter); it did not respond when I adjust G2 and Screen knobs at the Flyback, so I think Flyback May fails.
Diagnosis
  • Flyback replace need - Very possible Flyback damaged
- Original Flyback is 1-453-311-11(NX4404), 12+4pin. I guess NX4405 will alsowork.
  • Cabinet missing - need a new case or 3D print one
- Original case is D99 / L29K-A.
  • PWR switch bad shape - It still works, but just looking poorly.

Notes and Alerts:
Once you purchase the monitor, I will assume that you already have knowledge about fixing CRT monitors.
⚠️CRT monitors contains very High voltage up to 25-30KV when it powers on, it could lead to electric shock when unpropery operate with FBT, caps, tube socket parts, and relative high-voltage compoents. Becareful and make sure you are fully-protect when you operating it.
I was thinking to fix this by replacing the flyback. But I cannot find the original Flyback via sources I known, and I am not experieance enough with other alternative models of flybacks. Those tubes and high-voltages are sensetive to voltages. This is a good model of monitor and it is kind of rare, I don't wanna damage for sake of my mistaken operate.
How to shipping? Local Pick-up only.Shipping under this condition has risk. Packaging will hit others in logistic; even I can do well packaging, it still have risks about second times damaging. The exposed cathode ray tube body will crack and vacuum leakage during transportation. Once you decided to puachase, contact me and we figurate out time for pick-up.
Notes: I sold the front bezel, so it will remains the tube, tube socket board, yoke, logic board. Now it is more suitable for mount on the arcade. The monitor still acts as it did before.

Buy Now