Shugart 851 8" 8-inch Full-Height Double-Sided Floppy Disk Drive
UNTESTED CLEANED Selling AS-IS with No Returns
The Shugart 851 (SA851) is a classic 8-inch, full-height, double-sided floppy disk drive introduced by Shugart Associates in the late 1970s as an enhanced, double-headed evolution of the single-sided SA801.
Key Specifications & Features
- Media Size: 8-inch removable floppy diskettes.
- Recording Capability: Double-sided, double-density (MFM) or single-density (FM), with support for both soft-sectored and hard-sectored disk configurations via jumper options.
- Capacity: Offers roughly four times the storage capacity of single-sided units, typically storing around 1.2 MB unformatted (or lower depending on density and formatting standards).
- Mechanics & Power: Relies on a spindle motor requiring external DC voltages (+5V, +24V) and frequently an AC line voltage connection (120VAC/240VAC) depending on the specific motor configuration.
- Compatibility: Widely adopted as an industry de facto standard for early business microcomputers and word processors, compatible with standard Shugart/IBM 8-inch interfaces.
I cannot reasonably list every feature, component, accessory, or cosmetic detail that an item may or may not have. To provide the most accurate representation possible, I intentionally include numerous high-resolution photos so buyers can clearly see exactly what is included, what is missing, and the overall physical condition of the item. Please examine all photos carefully, as they are considered part of the item description. The photos accurately depict the contents, cosmetic condition, and any visible wear, defects, or missing parts. If you have any questions or need clarification about a specific detail before purchasing, please feel free to ask.
If there is an issue with the product then email me first.Don't revert to leaving undesirable response. The best way is to simply communicate with an email. I work with all my costumers to try and make it right.
I work as high school teacher and the only days I can ship are a few days on Monday, and every Tuesdays and Thursdays. I don't ship on the weekend because my box store is not open on those days, I am busy testing and posting computers for sale, and I want to spend some time with my family. Thus, I place a "3 days to ship" to accommodate these issues.Thank you for your understanding.
I only use Global Shipping Service on International Order, no exceptions.
I will ship to Hawaii, Alaska, PO Boxes, and PR, even though I have a block on these areas, but they will be subject to paying exact shipping cost that will be calculated. Please ask prior to purchasing the computer.
policies leave me with no choice but to mark each of my sales with a “no return” policy. This is being done to protect me against returns such as (buyer’s remorse). After using the item for days and weeks, the buyer can submit a return and is not obligated to reimburse the seller for shipping charges and I have to pay for shipping charges back. Even though it is marked a “no return, “a buyer can still submit a return if the item was not as described or the item was damaged during shipping. Also, I do not need an policy to do what is right and accept the item back if it wasn’t as described or damaged during shipping. Keep in mind, that I mainly sell vintage computers and vintage computer accessories. That said even though the box/item may not show damage, the internal mechanism may have been damaged or jarred from a rough truck and/or plane ride. I will work with ALL my customers to resolve the problem. Recently, I have had to take back items where the buyer didn’t check with mom/dad, husband/wife, or God prior to buying and did a return. forced me to take the item back. Personally, I do not think that this is an acceptable way to return items. Many of the sellers on here are just trying to provide for their families and this kind of previous return is not fair to the seller. We are not Walmart or Costco that cannot absorb these financial damages. Again, I will work with all my costumers to ensure that they are happy with the item they purchased. Thank you for your patronage.
