UBB Store

Adionics Displaycom Vintage Messaging System Uses Power Line Communication READ
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Adionics Displaycom Vintage Messaging System Uses Power Line Communication READ
Price: US $299.00

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to look at a RDKL, Inc. listing! I have great response because my customers are happy with my customer service and detailed product descriptions.

Adionics Displaycom Vintage Messaging System Uses Power Line Communication READ!

WATCH THE VIDEO! Much of the description is in the video.

This is a super rare power line messaging system from the 1980s -- each unit has only a power cable, and when the 2 are connected to the same power circuit, they send messages over the power line! It is a very unique and rare piece of history!

As I show in the video, the "receptionist" unit can type messages to the "executive" unit, which sends pre-defined responses/commands. I know the pre-set messages are programmable, but I don't know how to do it.

Physically the units have wear but overall are in good shape for their age. The keyboard bezel on the large unit comes off, because the glue has worn out, but it settles back in fine and could easily be re-glued.

I want to be clear that communication between the units is quirky -- sometimes they seem "stuck" or pause and then free up again. If I had to guess I would say they are not faulty, but that this is a side effect of the "power line" technology. (I also may not be good at using them, as I only know the very very basics.) But that aside, I would not buy these depending on them being 100% reliable for an important function, because while they generally work, they are quirky.

This is probably one of the weirdest items I've ever sold, and it's a chance to own a truly rare and unique piece of technology from the 80s!

Guaranteed to be as described, but due to age I am selling as-is.

Thanks, and let me know if you have questions!




Buy Now