Atari XF551 External 5.25" Floppy Drive for Atari Drive FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ For Sale
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Atari XF551 External 5.25" Floppy Drive for Atari Drive FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ
Price: US $200.00
This drive needs work! It’s kind of a long story but basically I got this drive and most of the traces were ripped off the board where the SIO port is. They were not just cracked solder joints so I had to patch them with wires after I did this the drive did communicate with the computer but for some reason it powers on and off every second. if you’re patient, it actually does seem to read discs, but it’s definitely not right. Maybe it needs a new capacitors or a new voltage regulator? I’m not sure but I really don’t wanna put any more time into this. No cables included. AS IS FOR PARTS OR REPAIR!