UBB Store

Bootable CD/ISO IBM OS/2 2.0 The Integrating Platform: Runs DOS/Windows 3.x Apps
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Bootable CD/ISO IBM OS/2 2.0 The Integrating Platform: Runs DOS/Windows 3.x Apps
Price: US $70.00
I will provide a digital bootable ISO image, as well, that you can burn to physical CD media.
(watch installation overview: https://vimeo.com/user95176891/os2This CD/ISO image is built from the source diskette set in this box, that can be installed into a VirtualBox type 2 hypervisor. I do not know if the physical CD media / digital ISO image will work with other hypervisor providers, i.e., Microsoft HyperV and/or Apple whatever-hypervisor-and/or-application they use, etc., as I do not use their operating system(s). NOTE: due to the lack of decent drivers for OS/2 in general, OS/2 2.x will run in a 640x480 box. I had more luck with the Connectix virtualization software; it virtualized a Cirrus video adapter for which OS/2 2.x had a native video driver thus enabling higher resolutions. IBM OS/2 2.0 - The Integrating Platform - Runs DOS and Windows 3.x Applications.
Open box is damaged due to being stacked with similar sized objects; regarding OS/2 2.0 contents, i.e., diskettes were used to create the digital bootable ISO image referenced at the start of the description but manuals are unread, in like new condition. Sale is final.Please note that there are downloadable diskette images on the Internet which will enable you to upgrade this software to OS/2 2.1 and possibly 2.11. Usually this vintage software can be installed in a Virtual Machine, like freely available to download (from Oracle) type 2 hypervisor VirtualBox which runs under several mainstream operating systems.I will throw in a used book -- which is missing a diskette media and has the initials of its previous owner -- "OS/2 2.1 Bible"; I acquired it several years ago as part of a box of manuals on OS/2. The spine is tight but there are signs of outside wear, i.e. scuffs, some dust which accumulated at location of of its previous owner -- as I, being a longtime OS/2 user, never had a need to use it as reference.Note: last pic shows screensaver for DOS / Windows / WinOS2 3.x activated in an OS/2 2.0 session. Screen saver software is not included but is used only for illustrative purposes, i.e., OS/2 integrating platform!


Buy Now