When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
This is a RARE setup of very, very expensive high throughput cards froma tens of thousands of dollars Avid Media Composer system based on anApple Macintosh 9600 computer. Also included is the plastic card Ipeeled off the inside of the Mac 9600 that shows the card layout ofthis type of Avid system, very, very helpful to refer to. It's kindacrinkled up as you see in the photo, but you could scan it and print itout.This includes the very special connecting cable that mates two of themtogether. They don't work without this cable, and no one has thesecables. This cable is included here as shown.These cards are more powerful than any computer they could be in, likethe Nvidia GPU on a gaming card in a PC. They dwarf the power of theCPU chip the computer runs on. Not sure if my memory is correct, but this type of setup is referred toas ABVB or Advanced Broadcast Video Board, and was the first Avid tooutput broadcast-ready, broadcast quality video, and the Meridien (yes,they spelled it that way) came later running on the G3 and it was thefirst to do uncompressed video output.This is basically a set of 2 board sandwich assemblies, but it's reallyfive circuit assemblies, as one is two boards and one is three boards,all mounted together, both going in their own PCI slot, plus the thirdcard which is the Avid Digidesign Amadeus card.Avid Digidesign Amadeus card:Made in 1997, this is a Digidesign Amadeus PCI card, this is an 8channel card for the 888 audio interface, said to also work with the 4channel 442 audio interface, not sure of the exact model number orrevision, it says "FAB: 941003549 REV B" and ASY: 915003549-1 REV E",and it is matched to this set, it came from one of the many 9600/300ABVB systems I have had here.This card was used in the system with a 442 A/D and D/A rack converterunit. No 442 is included here, but if you want one or more, please tellme how much and I'll consider doing the warehouse work to get it out.Can't recall how many 442s I have left, but there is at least one. Ortwo...........somewhere.BTW, the cable that connects the 442 and 888 units is rare, but I founda small box of them here. Not included, but available. These video cards do an A/D scan of incoming video to make high qualitystill frames compressed into JPEGs, then animate them into frames tomake a high quality progressive (not interlaced) video stream, then onplayback before or after editing play that high quality video back outthe output. I can tell you for sure for sure this was running (in the late 1990sand early 2000s) in an Apple 9600/300.This setup was running the most high end system Apple had at the startof these cards, the 9600/300.I recently climbed back in the warehouse looking for a specific card inmy crucial NuBus card box (been back and forth L.A.-San Francisco tentimes) and pulled out ten pounds of RARE NuBus cards that I should beselling now. I have many projects unfunded, a few partially funded, andbills beyond belief, so it's definitely time to take some money off thetable, so my listings have some RARE Apple NuBus cards and more will beadded in the coming days as time permits me to take my usual excellentphotos outdoors in natural light and to locate any computer notes I mayhave in my inventory files to confirm where each one came from, what itmay have been pulled from, any helpful OS information, etc..This card set has not been tested, at least not recently, so it'sas-is, but these weren't known for failing often.This card set is shown well in the is no software key/ADB dongle included here. I know the system itcame from, but the cables/dongle were stored separately from thecomputer, which was sold. But two of the same kind are in stock andmentioned below. I THINK that any dongle can be used if it's the righttype, by that I mean it isn't like one dongle is internally numbered toa card set that is internally numbered, I just think that Avid MediaComposer won't run without the right TYPE/licensed dongle connectedbetween the Mac and keyboard. included but available for listing here on :Two ADB dongles that should work (no guarantees, but that's what Irecall) for this card set, at least I know they are 100% FROM thisexact same type of card set.1) Rainbow Sentinel Eve3 ADB Avid Media Composer numbered ERB00188 and9426L80011. Connects between the ADB keyboard and the Macintosh.Airtight zip locked bagged in stock in an airtight sealed case atSynhouse for over 19 years.2) Rainbow Sentinel Eve3 ADB Avid Media Composer numbered ERB00544 and9708L55013, (and on paper tag) media/film MCX dongle system ID 500235,dongle 02202111, model Media Composer 1000. Was running on a PowerMac9600/233 w/Media Composer 1000, AVR 77 (dongle #1 above was likely allthe same details, just that I didn't see it myself and take thesedetailed notes, these two dongles are likely the same thing, for thesame thing). Connects between the ADB keyboard and the Macintosh.Airtight zip locked bagged in stock in an airtight sealed case atSynhouse for over 19 years.Might also mention I have an ATTO Express PCI Ultra SCSI dual 60-pin(SIXTY PIN, not 68) SCSI card that has the two 60-pin on the PCIbracket to the external, and internally on the top edge of the card ithas two 68-pin SCSI connectors, though it's likely considered a "dualport" card, not 4 ports, so the inner ones are likely just alternates,this is a very high performance, high throughput card that uses themost expensive SCSI cabling there is. The chips are dated mid-1997, soit likely was from a 9600 (or G3), but my notes don't specify what Ipulled it from, but not likely from a G4 Avid system which would havechips dated beyond item is as described in the title and as shown in the photos. ALLof my photos are the actual items, always.As shown, anything not shown in the photos is not has been handled properly from beginning to end, and will behandled properly and properly packed in proper anti-static packaging,unlike the vast majority of sellers on . As you can see in thephotos, it is touching only proper anti-static packaging and nothingelse. Not carpet, not plastic table tops, not sandwich bags.Unlike nearly every other seller on , I treat Apple cards and allelectronics as the manufacturers do (and Synhouse IS a manufacturersince 1999) and I use proper anti-static packaging, I don't use plainbubble wrap (only pink, black, or blue that are anti-static coated), orlet packing peanuts touch them, etc., this is especially damaging tomemory devices. ALL the time I have had them, they have been handledproperly and stored properly, then they are packed properly and shippedproperly, and you will receive them in proper anti-static will be safely packed for shipment. Free local pickup in the Los Feliz district of L.A. is okay if you canwork around my busy schedule.Please see my other listings for many RARE NuBus cards for Apple thatmight be of interest. I've got more than ANYONE, and I've only listedabout 10% of it so far. 
|
|