Available for your consideration is a rare Wyse WY-700 CGA video card. This card supports high resolutions up to 1280x800. This card was removed from an IBM 5170 AT that resides in my collection and it was replaced with a standard MDA monochrome adapter. I do not need the additional functionality of a card like this.
Complete hardware-based emulation of IBM's CGA and MDA text/graphics modes provide a fast, accurate display of virtually all standard software available for the PC. Display modes are switched automatically for versatility and ease of use. This means that for PC operations such as DOS commands, word-processing, etc., the WY-700 functions idettically to a standard IBM display. Another benefit of the WY-700's increased resolution is greater clarity of MDA or CGA characters. Text modes for the M DA or CGA normally display characters on the screen using an 8x8 pixel matrix to form each character cell. Using a 16x32-pixel matrix to form each individual character, the WY-700 is able to provide smoother, more refined looking display of standard resolution text. In addition, colors displayed for the CGA mode are mapped into four equivalent shades of greyItem Description:PLEASE read the entire item description before purchasing. The description often contains important information regarding condition, functionality, included accessories etc. When selling computer equipment, I usually try to describe the condition of each item in the description.
Warranty/Returns: Our listings are an as-is sale with no warranty expressed or implied and NO returns unless specifically stated. Please inspect all photos of item carefully for condition. Read description carefully as we clearly state what has and has not been tested or what does and does not work on items. If you're unsure about something or have a question, please feel free to send us a message and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. I try to be as transparent about the items I'm selling as possible and have no problem answering questions.
AS-IS, Partially Tested and UNTESTED Items: Sometimes I list items that I don't have the ability to test at all or are only partially tested and I offer these at a discounted price. Please understand that AS-IS items may or MAY NOT WORK. If you're looking for a perfect unit, please look elsewhere unless you're willing to take a gamble. These items are SOLD AS-IS and NO RETURNS or REFUNDS, partial or complete, will be offered.
Shipping: We use calculated shipping to save you the most money possible. Items will be packed well and shipped promptly upon receiving payment. Our handling time states 2 business days, however most of the time I can get the package out much faster. International orders will now be handled through 's international shipping program.
Payments: Payment is due within 48 hours of sale end/accepted offer or immediately with a buy it now purchase. If for whatever reason you can't make that happen, please contact me and I'll work with you. No payment after 2 days without communication will result in the cancellation of item won and item will be relisted for sale. Thanks for your understanding.
